Thursday 4 October 2012

Review of 'Wanigan' Banana Pancakes

Wanigan -- Banana Pancakes (vegan)
Overall Rating: 3/5
Summary: this was similar to fruit snacks like Florida's Natural Stiks as it had a similar sticky and chewy texture. I expected it to be a little more tender. It's definitely far from a 'pancake' and only resembles it in shape. It was lightly sweet and would make a fun snack for kids.

Where to buy: Wanigan 














Ingredients: organic bananas, organic cinnamon, and organic lemon juice.

Unfortunately, there was no nutritional included on the packaging and I deducted points for this. Although I enjoyed the pancakes as a sweet snack, I was disappointed because I expected that I could actually have it like a pancake with syrup and butter (fatty, I know!). I realize now that this would be *much* better if eaten with a thick peanut butter.

With the texture, it's way too tough to cut into (even with a knife), so you actually have to tear it into little bits to eat it, which is probably why it would be fun for kids! I actually didn't get the banana flavour as much as I expected so I was a little thrown off with that as well.

I probably wouldn't buy this again unless I figured out some creative way to use it. I was thinking of peanut butter filled pinwheels, but I don't think it would stay rolled :/ I had actually taken a photo of the pancakes and emailed it to myself BUT I deleted the image on my phone after sending and realized that the photo wasn't successfully sent.
Lesson learned: confirm the pic is sent, THEN delete image on phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment