Saturday 6 October 2012

Review of 'Snikiddy' Barbeque Baked Fries

Snikiddy -- Barbeque Baked Fries (vegan, gluten-free)
Overall Rating: 4/5
Summary: hey, these were better than I expected...the barbeque flavour was sharp, tangy,  and very very tasty ( and I'm not a big barbeque fan at all). It was uber crunchy as well...like, the crunchiest I've ever had!

Where to buy: Bulk Barn if I remember correctly; probably Whole Foods; Fortinos

Coupon from Snikiddy website (US only)



Ingredients: CORNMEAL, POTATO FLAKES, SUNFLOWER OIL, SEASONING (SUGAR, SALT, ONION POWDER, TOMATO POWDER, DRY MOLASSES, GARLIC POWDER, DRY VINEGAR, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR, SPICE, PAPRIKA EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVOR).

Nutritional Information:
Calories: 130
Total fat: 4.5g
     Saturated: 0g
     Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0g
Sodium: 190mg
Total Carb: 21g
     Dietary fiber: 1g
     Sugars: 2g
Protein: 2g
Vitamin C: 2%
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 4%

This is a really low calorie snack for chips/fries (usually it's like around 200+ calories for a serving for similar snacks). It's low in sugar, has no saturated fats, no cholesterol, and has wholesome ingredients.

I normally stay far away from barbeque flavours when my bro buys chips (and he's allwaaayyys buying BBQ!), but dannng, this was actually really delicious. The texture was incredible--the fries were so fresh and crispy. The only thing is that because the fries are so thin, I didn't really feel satisfied after eating it...I think the only way I'd get that satisfaction is buy finishing the entire bag!

I'd probably buy these again if I found them on sale. If you're a BBQ fan and looking for a healthy snack or gluten-free snack (or both!), these are for you.

Other flavours:
Brand:
  • All natural
  • Gluten and wheat free
  • 50% less fat than regular potato chips
  • 35% less fat than Veggie Straws
  • No Trans Fats, No Hydrogenated Oils, No Saturated Fat
  • Only 190mg sodium per serving
  • No MSG
  • Vegan/Vegetarian
  • Kosher
  • Cholesterol Free
  • Made in a facility that does not process any products containing peanuts or tree nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment