Tuesday 9 October 2012

Review of 'R. W. Knudsen' Red Raspberry

R W Knudsen -- Red Raspberry (vegan)
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Summary: this is such a refreshing drink! It can work very well as a mixer with alcohol, but I really think I actually prefer it bare bones. I loved that it was sweet (perfectly, by the way), but has no added sugars. The smell was clearly raspberry and I could identify some kind of berry flavour but wouldn't have been able to determine it was raspberry if I didn't smell it.

Where to buy: Fortinos

Red Raspberry Spritzer

Ingredients: SPARKLING FILTERED WATER, WHITE GRAPE AND RED RASPBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATES, LIME JUICE, NATURAL FLAVOR.

Nutrition Facts:
Serving size: 1 can
Calories: 110
Total fat: 0g
Sodium: 20mg
Potassium: 115mg
Carbs: 27g
     Sugars: 27g
Vitamin C: 6%
Iron: 4%

God bless R. W. Knudsen for making a carbonated beverage with *no* added sugars that is delicious and guilt free. I actually haven't had a carbonated drink for about 7 years (with the exception of the very very rare rum and coke).

You should put this in the coldest section of your fridge or in the freezer for a bit before drinking it--it's so super cold and refreshing...wow! Because I'm not used to carbonated drinks, it actually made me really gassy and uncomfortable (until I was finally able to burp that shit right out!).

I would definitely buy this again.

Other flavours (all vegan):
Brand (quoted from rwkudsenfamily.com):
  • 100% natural, without any added sugar, preservatives, or artificial colors.
  • "...pursuing verification by the Non-GMO Project to certify our R.W. Knudsen items as non-GMO which will further expand our consumer offerings"
  • Since 1961.
  • "...natural flavors do not contain refined sugars, preservatives, artificial flavors, petroleum derivatives or monosodium glutamate (MSG)".

No comments:

Post a Comment