Wednesday 17 October 2012

Review of 'Lance' Sandwich Crackers (Peanut Butter on Whole Grain)

Lance -- Sandwich Crackers (Peanut Butter on Whole Grain) (vegan)
Overall Rating: 3/5
Summary: The peanut butter lover in me can't resist these. These crackers have a fresh crunch and are verrry rich in peanut butter taste. It's definitely not the most healthy snack, but it is filling and does satisfy my peanut butter cravings quite well.

Where to buy: US store locator (e.g. Food Lion, Lowes, Wal-Mart Supercenters)

Lance® Peanut Butter on Whole Grain
Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Peanuts, Whole Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil (contains one or more of the following: Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Palm Oil, Soybean Oil), Whole Grain Oats, Dextrose, Sugar, Maltodextrin (Dietary Fiber), Wheat Bran, Malted Barley Flour, Wheat Gluten, Cornstarch, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt, Caramel Color, Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier).

Nutrition Facts:
Serving size: 1 package (6 crackers)
Calories: 210
Total fat: 9g
     Saturated fat: 2g
     Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 270mg
Total Carb: 25g
     Dietary fiber: 4g
     Sugars: 4g
Protein: 6g

So I know the ingredients leave a littttle to be desired (enriched flour) and the nutritional profile has a few issues (e.g. sodium), however I've been telling myself that it's worth it because of the high protein and fiber. Hey, at least there's no cholesterol or trans fats! Ahhh I'm just a sucker for all things peanut butter.

The crackers were salty, definitely saltier than most snacks and foods I normally eat...which made it quite the treat indeed! The filling makes these crackers -- the flavour is intensely peanut buttery mmm. The only thing I didn't like was that the crackers are too oily. I don't actually notice the oil in the flavour but when I'm done eating, my fingers are mad oily!

Other flavours:
Brand:
  • Honestly, there were no progressive/interesting/unique health-related/environmentally-oriented/socially-minded facts on the company website that was worth posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment