Monday 12 November 2012

Review of 'Yarl Foods' Pumpkin Seeds Brittle

Yarl Foods -- Pumpkin Seeds Brittle (vegan)
Overall Rating: 4/5
Summary: I love that this is *not* crumbly and messy. It's fresh and the pumpkin seed flavour is great! It's a nice compact, crunchy, festival of nuttiness in yo' mouf. Mmm. Sure, it's a pretty tiny brittle for 150 calories, but I'd say it's worth it cause I love me some nuts! I would have preferred another sweetener (perhaps a syrup), but I'd recommend this, nevertheless. I'd give it a 4.5/5, but I wasn't happy that the website was under construction and I couldn't evaluate the brand.

Where to buy: Oceans



Ingredients: pumpkin seeds, peanuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, brown sugar, glucose, water, malt extract.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 package (27g)
Calories: 150
Fat: 10g
     Saturated fat: 1.5g
     Trans fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 0mg
Carbohydrate: 11g
     Fibre: 1g
     Sugars: 6g
Protein: 5g
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 6%

These ingredients are plain and simple -- love it. The 150 calories for the modestly-sized brittle shouldn't scare you off because it's actually nutritious! It has healthy fats, zero cholesterol, and a solid 5g of protein. So...don't fret, just pick this up and enjoy once in a while. You won't be disappointed!

Other flavours:
Brand:
  • Website is under construction, so I couldn't gather much intel.

No comments:

Post a Comment