Wednesday 14 November 2012

Review of 'Kraft' All Natural Peanut Butter

Kraft -- All Natural Peanut Butter (vegan)
Overall Rating: 3.5/5
Summary: I find that the peanut butter flavour is stronger in the aftertaste than in the initial bite and chew. It's perfectly creamy and smooth and makes for great gluten-free peanut butter chocolate cookies ;) It has good flavour, however I do think it's less strong than other 'all natural' peanut butter brands I've had. Kraft isn't a particularly trustworthy or health-conscious brand, so I chose to give it a lower overall rating.

Where to buy: Fortinos, Sobeys, Metro




Ingredients: 100% select roasted peanuts.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 tbsp
Calories: 90
Fat: 7g
     Saturated: 1g
     Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 0mg
Carb: 3g
     Fibre: 1g
     Sugars: 1g
Protein: 4g
Iron: 2%

Well, clearly I can't complain about these ingredients or the nutritional profile. It's as clean as a whistle! You can't go wrong with a tbsp of peanut butter every day -- healthy fats, no cholesterol or sodium, and a nice serving of protein.

I think because I just had Maranatha's Natural Roasted Almond Butter (reviewed here) recently, I'm in a good position to pick a favourite...almond butter or peanut butter....if on toast, then almond butter is my choice. If in cookies, then peanut butter is my choice. *However*, I had yet to make 'almond butter cookies', so I should really reserve my judgment until then.

Other Peanut Butter products:
  • Smooth Peanut Butter
  • Smooth Light Peanut Butter
  • Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • Crunchy Light Peanut Butter
  • Extra Creamy Peanut Butter
  • Unsweetened/Unsalted Peanut Butter
  • Whipped Peanut Butter
  • All Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
Brand:
  • Some products contain GMO ingredients (more information here)
  • Class action lawsuit filed against Kraft  by employees resulted in a settlement (read 2012 article here)
  • 2007: sued for falsely labelling Capri Sun as 'All Natural' (read article here)
  • 2011: class action lawsuit filed against Kraft's pollution in Attica (read article here)
  • There are more lawsuits, though too many to list here! You get the picture...
  • Work with American Red Cross for humanitarian efforts

9 comments:

  1. on the ingredients it lists "peanuts (1027B)"
    what does the (1027B) mean? I am guessing it is a some kind of patented GMO peanut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the ingredients it lists "peanuts (1027B)"
    what does the (1027B) mean? I am guessing it is a some kind of patented GMO peanut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, which ingredients list? I didn't have the number and letter on my product. Is yours from the US or Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same question about that strange number on the label, im in Toronto , Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same question about that strange number on the label, im in Toronto , Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, can't seem to find any information on this. I will email the company and hopefully get a response.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I just bought this peanut butter and it's unlike any natural peanut butter I've ever had so I'm trying to figure out what this (1027B) means as well. Did you ever get a response to your email?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any new info on the above question(s)???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I called Kraft, and they said 1027 is the time produced, and B is the plant it was produced at: Beaverdam.

    ReplyDelete