Tuesday 13 November 2012

Review of 'Yarl Foods' Blueberry Bar

Yarl Foods -- Blueberry Bar
Overall Rating: 3.5/5
Summary: This mini bar has great textures -- fresh whole sunflower seeds and rice crisps are the stars. The flavours of the honey and sunflower seeds were prominent and I really enjoyed that...however, I did miss the promise of a 'blueberry' bar. Overall, it ranks high on the sweet scale and I really enjoyed it...a short and sweet affair at just 90 calories. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of information provided about the brand, its products, and its ingredients on the website (currently under construction. For this reason, I didn't rank it a 4/5

Where to buy: Oceans


Ingredients: blueberries, sesame seeds, peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, crisp brown rice, brown rice syrup, honey.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 piece (20g)
Calories: 90
Fat: 3.5g
     Saturated fat: .5g
     Trans fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 15mg
Carbohydrate: 13g
     Fibre: 1g
     Sugars: 6g
Protein: 2g
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 4%

I'm really liking the simplicity of Yarl Foods' ingredient lists so far. The nutritional profile is no cause for worry -- it's low in fat, has the healthy fats our bodies require, is low in sodium and has zero cholesterol! This is a nice little treat for your sweet tooth that's low-calorie. Keep in mind, though, that this is not a snack that's meant to be filling :P It's strictly in the 'treat' category.

The bar itself is very sticky (thanks to the honey and syrup) and soft so I got sticky fingers. Boo...and I was even trying to be careful by eating it from the wrapper.

Other flavours:
Brand:
  • Website is under construction, so I couldn't gather much intel.

No comments:

Post a Comment