Friday 21 December 2012

Review of 'Silk' French Vanilla Creamer

Silk -- French Vanilla Creamer (vegan)
Overall Rating: 4/5
Summary: mm, I love being pleasantly surprised. I didn't think I'd be so enthralled with this product. Sure, it's pretty much an empty calorie creamer, but...it's delicious. And it gives that creamy look to my morning coffee without the funky patterns that most soy milks produce. It's super sweet, but I don't really get that much of a vanilla flavour (based on the recommended serving of 1 tablespoon). I normally don't bother buying products that are basically filled with empty calories, but I think I'd reconsider for this creamer. It helps that Silk is verified non-GMO, and environmentally- and sustainability-minded -- a great brand to support.

Where to buy: Fortinos, Metro, Foodland, Longos, No Frills, Rabba Fine Foods, Sobeys, Walmart Supercenter



Ingredients: All Natural Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), All Natural Evaporated Cane Juice, Palm Oil, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tapioca Starch, Carrageenan.

Nutrition Facts
Servings size: 1 tbsp (15 mL)
Calories: 20
     Calories from fat: 10
Fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 10mg
Carbohydrate: 3g
     Fiber: 0g
     Sugars: 3g
Protein: 0g

So, half of the 20 calories come from fat and the carbs are all in sugar form...sooo, yep, empty calories.*sigh* such a shame, eh?

Other Creamer flavours:
Brand:

No comments:

Post a Comment