Sunday 16 December 2012

Review of 'Laughing Giraffe' Goji, Cacao, & Maca Snakaroons (Energy Snack)

Laughing Giraffe -- Goji, Cacao, & Maca Snakaroons (vegan)
Overall Rating: 3.5/5
Summary: I'm not sure if it was supposed to have the smell I got, but I found it to be a little staleish of an aroma. It was perfectly moist and tender, so no problem with texture. The flavour on the other hand...it confused me a bit...I wasn't sure if I liked or really disliked it. I've never had goji berries before, so I thought that the spicy taste I got was coming from them. But I read that goji berries are tart, so that doesn't quite fit. There are definitely pockets of something spicy and it really drives a wedge in the whole tasting experience. Other than that, I liked the sweet, savoury flavour, but I'd much rather the Pineapple Macadamia Snakaroons (with Coconut and Cacao) (reviewed here).

Where to buy: Home Sense, Bulk Barn


Ingredients: unsweetened coconut, agave, almonds, extra virgin coconut oil, vanilla extract, cacao, goji berries, maca, himalayan sea salt.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 piece
Calories: 170
Fat: 13g
     Saturated: 9g
     Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 30mg
Total carbohydrate: 12g
     Dietary fiber: 3g
     Sugars: 9g
Protein: 2g
Vitamin C: 25%
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 4%

I always feel satisfied after having one of these snacks, despite the 170 cals for such a small piece. This is because the ingredients are clean and simple, and the fats are healthy. You can read about the  health benefits of the saturated fats derived from coconut products here.

*disappointment face* I opened the seal and took a whiff and it kinda smelled staleish. Nevertheless, I remained positive! It flavour did grow on me, despite the odd moments of spiciness. I'm hoping to try the Banana Coconut Snackroons next time.

Other flavours (all vegan):
Brand:
  • Certified Organic
  • Raw Vegan
  • Gluten-free
  • Handcrafted

No comments:

Post a Comment