Monday 17 December 2012

Review of 'Nature's Path' Peanut Choco™ Granola Bars

Nature's Path -- Peanut Choco™ Granola Bars
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Summary: wow, why this is most peanutty! I absolutely can't get enough of this bar...I have 2 in one sitting--it's terrible! It is so uber sweet and the peanut flavour has incredible depth. The bits of peanuts throughout really added to the flavour and gave nice pockets of crunch. I didn't think I'd be into the 'sweet and salty' flavours, but oh my goodness, it works! Trust me and go grab yourself these bars. You shan't be disappointed. The only mild annoyance was that the bar itself is really sticky and gets stuck to the wrapper...so of course I have to lick and chew on the wrapper, right? No grace when I'm eating these...no grace at all.

Where to buy: Bulk Barn



Ingredients: granola* (rolled oats*, evaporated cane juice*, soy oil*), tapioca syrup*, roasted peanuts*, chocolatey icing* (evaporated cane juice*, palm kernel oil* and/or cocoa butter*, cocoa*, natural flavor, soy lecithin*, sea salt, tapioca starch*), brown rice flour*, invert cane syrup*, peanut butter*, acacia gum*, sea salt, evaporated cane juice*, molasses*, tocopherols.
*Organic.
Contains soy and peanuts. Produced in a facility that uses tree nuts and dairy.

Nutritional Information
Serving size: 1 bar
Calories: 150
Fat: 6g
     Saturated: 1.5g
     Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 125mg
Potassium: 80mg
Carbohydrate: 22g
     Fiber: 2g
     Sugars: 11g
Protein: 3g
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 10%

Man oh man, just reading these ingredients are making me salivate...cane juice, tapioca syrup, roasted peanuts, chocolatey icing mmmmm

At 150 calories per bar, it's not a bad deal. I do wish it had a wee bit more protein for that count, but the amazing taste more than makes up for it. It has healthy fats, no cholesterol, and no added sugars. I'd definitely buy this again, but I think before I do that, I wanna try the Chococonut!

Other bars:
Brand (quoted from the Nature's Path website):
  • Family-owned and operated
  •  Certified non-GMO and organic; non-GMO Project verified
  • Fairtrade certified
  • "We source all our ingredients as locally as possible to our production plants."
  • "...over 78% of the weight of ingredients we purchase comes from organic farmers in North America."
  • "Some of the ingredients we have committed to purchasing are Fairtrade Certified cocoa, sugar cane, molasses, and spices." 
  • Gardens for Good Project

No comments:

Post a Comment