Friday 25 January 2013

Review of 'Clif Bar' Crunchy Peanut Butter

Clif Bar -- Crunchy Peanut Butter (vegan)
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Summary: I think this is my favourite Clif Bar flavour so far, being a peanut fan and all. It has a strong peanut butter smell and is equally peanut buttery in flavour. It's medium sweet but the deep flavour makes for a perfect bite each time. It's very rich! There are bits of nuts, but I could have used some more. I really enjoyed the sweet and salty, savoury taste. It's nicely soft and tender like most clif bars. This is highly recommended.

Where to buy: Bulk Barn, Fortinos, Shopper's Drug Mart

Crunchy Peanut Butter

Ingredients: *brown rice syrup, protein blend (soy rice crisps (soy protein isolate, rice flour, barley malt extract), *soy flour, *roasted soybeans), *rolled oats, *cane syrup, *peanut butter (*peanuts, salt), peanut flour, crunch pieces (apple pomace, *oat fibre, *milled flaxseed, inulin [chicory extract]), *fig paste, peanuts, natural flavours, sea salt, *soybean oil.

Nutrition Facts:
Serving size: 1 bar
Calories: 250
Fat: 6g
     Saturated: 1.5g
     Trans: 0g
     Polyunsaturated: 3g
          Linoleic acid: 2g
          n3 Linolenic acid: .5g
     Monounsaturated: 2g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 250mg
Potassium: 440mg
Carbohydrate: 40g
     Fibre: 4g
     Sugars: 18g
Protein: 12g
Vitamin A: 30%
Vitamin C: 90%
Calcium: 25%
Iron: 10%

Given that I haven't had a solid workout in about 3 weeks, I don't really deserve a Clif Bar. I mean, I can't really justify a 250 calorie, 10g protein bar with such an inactive period as this...so I'm just gonna call it a 'treat' and be done with it. It was delicious!

Other Clif Bar flavours (all vegan, baby):
Brand:

No comments:

Post a Comment