Sunday 17 March 2013

Review of 'Dum-Dums' Original Pops (reviewed by flavour!)

Dum-Dums -- Original Pops Mystery Flavour (vegan)
Overall Rating: 2/5
Summary: not too sweet so far, which I like. I wouldn't recommend it simply because it uses corn syrup and likely is genetically modified. It also uses artificial flavours and colours and has no real nutritional value.

Where to buy: US store locator, buy online from Dum-Dums, you can get them in Canada but I'm not sure what stores carry them




Ingredients: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Salt, Artificial Flavor, Color Added (Includes Red 40, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Blue 1)

Nutritional Information
Serving size: 3 pops
Calories: 59
Total fat: 0g
Carbohydrate: 15g
     Sugar: 11g
Protein: 0g

I suppose the Canadian Dum-Dums may have slightly different ingredients, but these US ones have corn syrup, which likely means that these pops are not GMO-free. Thus, I do not recommend buying these. The ingredients also contain artificial flavours and colours.

Flavour review:

Mystery flavour: not too sweet, yummy, tastes like cherry hmmm
Grape flavour: again, not too sweet. And, the artificial grape flavour tasted pretty authentic!
Mango flavour: so the mango flavour is bangin in the first minute, but it gets lost after that
Fruit Punch flavour: k, this one is actually really good. Probably my favourite so far.
Blu-Raspberry flavour: meh, too sour
Blueberry flavour: doesn't really taste like blueberry; just a sweet pop
Cherry flavour: actually tastes like cherry. It's a good one.
Root beer flavour: mmm, one of my favs...has that licorice flavour.
Sour Apple flavour: I had this after it melted in my bag and...mmm! I prefer the melted outer layer. It was sourish and appley :)

More flavour reviews to come!

Brand:
  • Artificial ingredients included 
  • Kosher certified
  • Since 1906
  • Use either beet or cane sugar in the manufacturing process

No comments:

Post a Comment