Saturday 16 August 2014

Review of 'Blue Diamond' Blueberry Flavor Almonds

Blue Diamond -- Blueberry Flavor Almonds
Overall rating: 3.5/5
Summary: nice and sweet; smells amazing...like blueberry candies or dessert (I think the smell was my favourite aspect!)...super crunchy. There are fine sugary granules over them. These are amazing. The website states that the almonds are non-GMO, but I'm not 100% sure about the other ingredients (any takers to clarify?). I am looking forward to trying the strawberry flavour....and more importantly, to smelling it!

Where to buy: United States only as far as I know; online store



Ingredients: Almonds, sugar, natural blueberry flavor, corn maltodextrin, modified corn starch, sea salt, blueberry juice concentrate and puree, color (titanium dioxide, red cabbage juice), rebiana (stevia extract).

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 24 nuts
Calories: 160
Calories from fat: 110
Total Fat: 12g
     Saturated fat: 1g
     Trans fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 25mg
Potassium: 170mg
Total carbohydrates: 7g
     Dietary fiber: 3g
     Sugars: 6g
Protein: 5g
Calcium: 6%
Iron: 6%

Well, as I indicated in the summary, I'm not sure of the GMO status of the other ingredients (apart from the almonds), but other than that, I'd say the ingredients are okay. What is good is the nutritional profile. For a low 160 cal, you get healthy fats, low sodium, and a nice dose of fiber and protein. Also, almonds are packed with Vitamin E, which is great for skin. I'm down.

Other Fruit Flavoured Almonds varieties:
Brand:
  • Soy-free
  • No MSG
  • Non-GMO
  • All refrigerated products are kosher
  • Gluten-free
  • No artificial flavours
  • No BPA in packaging
  • Almonds are grown by a growers cooperative

No comments:

Post a Comment