Overall Rating: 5/5!!
Summary: Purely Decadent Praline Pecan is simply the best of both worlds--it's both intensely flavourful and delicious *and* a healthier alternative than Tofutti's Better Pecan (read the review here).
Where to buy: I bought So Delicious's Purely Decadent line this past weekend from Fortino's and finished the entire container in one sitting (along with two peach-plum muffins...holy fatty!) on Saturday. US store finder
Coupon: http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/ (click the blue circle on the right hand side)
After indulging in Toffuti recently and feeling very very guilty after reading some of its shadier ingredients, I was super pumped to read the ingredients in the So Delicious brand. The guilt-free specs:
Ingredients: FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC SOYMILK (FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC SOYBEANS), ORGANIC DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, PRALINE PECANS (BEET SUGAR, PECANS, PEANUT OIL, SALT), ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP AND/OR ORGANIC TAPIOCA SYRUP, ORGANIC SAFFLOWER OIL AND/OR ORGANIC SOYBEAN OIL, CHICORY ROOT EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVORS, CAROB BEAN GUM, GUAR GUM, ALGIN (KELP EXTRACT), CARRAGEENAN, YUCCA EXTRACT, TAPIOCA SUGAR.
Ahhh, feels great to read that...especially since I'm a dessert fanatic and cannot possibly understand 'portion control' in the realm of all things sweet.
I'm providing the nutrition information in comparison to Tofutti's Better Pecan for some perspective:
Serving: 1/2 cup
Calories: 210 (vs. 210)
Calories from fat: 90 (vs. 117)
Total fat: 10g (vs 13g)
Saturated fat: 1g (vs 2g)
Trans fat: 0 (vs 2g)
Total carbs: 33g (vs 21g)
Sugars: 15 (vs 17g)
Protein: 2g (vs 1g)
Sodium: 20mg (vs 220mg)
The protein content is a plus for me as a vegan...I'm always trying to incorporate added grams wherever I can...particularly because I am also a fairly active person (cardio and weight training 5 days a week on average).
The praline pecan flavour was deeply luxurious and satisfying...very sweet and intense depth made this is most satisfying part of my weekend. There were so many chunks of praline pecans--they are definitely not skimming us on these added goodies! The scooping process went very smoothly and the actual dessert was sooo creamy and soft.
So, if you're both health conscious and a lover of pecan-flavoured frozen treats, DO opt for So Delicious' Purely Decadent Praline Pecan...you won't be sorry!
I also bought a So Delicious' Organic Quart in Chocolate Velvet on the weekend (which I finished on Sunday (yes the entire 946ml ALONG WITH an entire bag of Mary's Gone Crackers Chocolate Chip Cookies from Costco and a homemade banana, vanilla soymilk, and honey concoction). I will likely review the Chocolate Velvet frozen dessert for my next post.
- Chocolate Obsession (reviewed here)(vegan)
- Cookie Avalanche (vegan)
- Cookie Dough -- Gluten Free (vegan)
- Mint Chip (vegan)
- Mocha Almond Fudge (vegan)
- Peanut Butter Zig Zag (vegan)
- Pomegranate Chip (vegan)
- Turtle Trails (vegan)
- None of the containers and lids that our products are packaged in contain Bisphenol-A (BPA's)
- All of our coconut based products are Non-GMO certified by the NonGmo Project. For more information, go to www.NonGMOProject.org. All of our other products are internally verified to be GMO free.
- None of our products contain MSG, yeast, yeast extract, or autolyzed yeast.
- The natural flavors in our products are flavor analogs that come from botanicals and extracts from natural sources. Care is taken to utilize components from the original substrate when possible.
- None of our products contain the food preservative, TBHQ, either as direct ingredients or sub- ingredients.
- None of our products contain the food preservative, BHT, either as direct ingredients or sub-ingredients.
- None of our products contain the food preservative, BHA, either as direct ingredients or sub-ingredients.
- Some of our products contain flavors which include of a small amount of ethyl alcohol as a carrier. The amount of ethanol in these products is so small that there is no physiological impact. There is no gluten in the alcohol.
Song of the day: Fergie -- Fergalicious
"So delicious (it's hot hot), so delicious (I put them boys on rock rock), so delicious (they want a taste of what I got)"