Monday 20 August 2012

"I can't help myself, I'm addicted to a life of...decadence!"

Hello future readers! This is my second attempt to maintain a blog and I am 100% committed to its longevity.

As my Gaga-inspired title states (The Fame), I am indeed addicted to decadence in all things dessert-related. I have an enormous sweet tooth and as a semi-vegan (to be further explained in future blogs), this often translates into a very deprived life. When I do indulge, it's often a messy scene...for instance, on Sunday, I consumed 2 pints of frozen dessert (Tofutti's Better Pecan and Natura's Maple) and half a chocolate brownie pudding cake...after all-you-can-eat sushi.

This blog is motivated by my drive to indulge in the vegan* options offered in Brampton, with particular zeal for dessert options. I will be including restaurants, bakeries, and grocery stores in my scope and will try my absolute best to provide reviews and pictures of available vegan options.

For any other vegans in Brampton, I know you will appreciate the challenge of this blog's objective. Any suggestions for restos, bakeries, and grocery stores are welcomed!

 * You may notice that not all the products reviewed are vegan. This is because my philosophy is not that I should not *ever* consume *any* animal-derived products. If I am sufficiently satisfied with the manner in which these products are sourced (based on environmental, ethical, and societal considerations), I am willing to purchase them. For example, my family visits local farms every summer and we buy local meat and dairy (free run, no antibiotics, etc.). Certain brands (e.g. Organic Meadow, Nature's Path) are more trustworthy in my opinion and I am happy to support them.

No comments:

Post a Comment