Sunday 5 May 2013

Review of 'Clif Bar' Crunch Granola Bar (Peanut Butter Flavour)

Clif Bar -- Crunch Granola Bar (Peanut Butter Flavour) (not vegan--honey)
Overall Rating: 5/5
Summary: suuuper delicious...one of my favourite bars. It's very sweet--just how I like it :) It's very light and crunchy and a wee bit messy, so be prepared. I normally opt for chewy bars, simply because I find them tastier (and less mess), but man oh man am I converted. It's very peanut buttery...and I love my nut butters. I highly recommend this bar, but it does contains honey and so it not vegan. Also, I just really like the Clif Bar brand. If you visit the website, you'll find a wealth of information about each product line--a very transparent Company.

Where to buy: Bulk Barn
Clif Crunch All Natural Granola Bars, Peanut Butter - 10 ea
Ingredients: Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Sunflower Oil, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Chips (Dried Cane Syrup, Palm Kernel Oil, Peanut Flour, Soy Lecithin), Rice Crisp (Rice Flour, Barley Malt Extract, Dried Cane Syrup, Salt, Calcium Carbonate), Honey, Organic Barley Flakes, Organic Rye Flakes, Roasted Peanut Extract, Oat Bran, Oat Fiber, Sea Salt (Real Salt®), Natural Flavor, Inulin (Chicory Extract).

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 package (2 bars)
Calories: 190
     Calories from Fat: 80
Fat: 9g
     Saturated: 1.5g
     Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0g
Sodium: 120mg
Potassium: 105mg
Carbohydrate: 26g
     Dietary fibre: 3g
     Insoluble fibre: 2g
     Sugars: 10g
Protein: 4g
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 8%

I don't think I've rated very many products a perfect 5/5...I rated this one because the ingredients are all organic, the calories are totally worth the yummy-ness and nutrition. It's high in healthy fats (non-saturated), not too high on sodium, has a good amount of fiber and protein for a snack bar AND holy hannah is it super sweet, super satisfying. If you're a peanut butter lover, please give this a try.

This product...I will consider a sweet treat, not on my regular grocery list--simply because I try to keep my maintain a low sugar intake and this would impact my 'sugar budget' for the week.

Other 'Crunch Granola Bar flavours':
  • Blueberry Crisp (vegan)
  • Chocolate Chip 
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter (vegan)
  • Honey Oat
  • White Chocolate Macadamia (vegan)
Brand:
  • Crunch Granola Bars are made with organic ingredients and whole grains
  • Free of trans fats, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, artificial preservatives and ingredients sourced from GMOs
  • Kosher Dairy. CLIF CRUNCH does not contain any dairy ingredients; however, it is made on the same line as some other products that contain dairy ingredients. Therefore, CLIF CRUNCH must be labeled as Kosher Dairy.
  • Certified Organic by QAI
  • Member of 1% for the Planet

No comments:

Post a Comment