Tuesday 23 April 2013

Review of 'Valor' 70% Dark Chocolate (with Mint)

Valor -- 70% Dark Chocolate (with Mint) (vegan)
Overall Rating: 2/5
Summary: okay, way too minty for me. I'm just not a big fan of chocolate + mint...unless *maybe* it's in ice cream form...and even then, it wouldn't be my preference. I guess this is for the mint fans...I certainly can't recommend it.

Where to buy: Bulk Barn



Ingredients: cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, soya lecithin, natural mint flavour.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 4 squares (33g)
Calories: 170
Fat: 12g
     Saturated: 7g
     Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 15mg
Carbohydrate: 14g
     Fibres: 5g
     Sugars: 10g
Protein: 4g
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 35%

This has one of the lower sugar counts of the Valor chocolates I've reviewed...but perhaps it could have used some more to balance that strong minty flavour!

Other 'Premium Bars' varieties:
Brand:
  • Cocoa from Ecuador, Ghana and Panama
  • Since 1881
  • Not organic, so likely uses GMOs
  • Uses artificial ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment