Monday 23 September 2013

Review of 'Fresh Finds' Dry Roasted Edamame

Fresh Finds -- Dry Roasted Edamame
Overall Rating: 4/5
Summary: very lightly salted, true to the labeling--I like! And, it was very fresh, very crunchy, very tasty. It was a hit with the entire vehicle of travelers over the last weekend's road trip. Would be best if there was some brand info online!

Where to buy: to be determined


Ingredients: soybeans, sea salt.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Calories: 130
Total fat: 4g
     Saturated: .5g
     Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 150mg
Total Carbohydrate: 10g
     Dietary fiber: 8g
     Sugars: 1g
Protein: 14g

Well, I'm not sure if the soybeans are organic since I couldn't fund a webpage with product info. However, the ingredients are minimal so we can all appreciate that. The calorie count and nutritional content is pretty great as well--for 130 cals, there's 14g of protein and 8g of fiber. You can't beat that...low in saturated fat, clean protein and fiber.

Brand:
  • I couldn't find any relevant info online--assistance is appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I just found your place on the web and can't figure out how to message you so i'm posting this as a comment. I've never really been fond of meat and have slowly started giving it up. Right now i'm really wanting to just go vegan but it's hard at home when even the bread says may contain milk and eggs. But i digress. Have you tried Khalsa Pizza? It's in Brampton at Chrysler Drive and Williams Parkway. They have vegetarian and vegan options and it's the latter that i'm mainly interested in. I've only been there once but not by myself so we ended up getting a half and half pizza. http://www.khalsapizza.com/

    I'll be reading more of your blog but right now i'm about to go to sleep. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Starlite...good to hear you're phasing meat out rather than going 'cold turkey'. I know it can be difficult at first to find products that are vegan-friendly, but trust me, they are out there. For instance, I've reviewed some breads that are vegan (Stonemill from or Dimpflmeier) and there are many more. Once you locate those key products, life becomes much easier! I hope you'll have some luck identifying those brands through my blog. Let me know if you have any questions, if you would like any suggestions, etc.

    I haven't tried Khalsa Pizza yet, but will make an effort to do so. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I've basically gone "cold turkey" not having had meat in a while and am trying to adapt. I didn't see Stonemill but did buy Dimpilmeier organic 100% rye bread with flaxseeds today. $.399 for 454 g. I don't really like how it's wrapped in plastic and bagged as well. I'm about to eat some of it now and hope i like it! I'll have to go through your site and add a bunch of stuff to my shopping list. Thankies again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going cold turkey with meat is one thing, but going cold turkey vegan (no dairy, eggs, etc.) is another. As long as you're attentive to your protein, iron, etc. needs, you should be a-okay! Stonemill: you can find this at Fortino's and a few other places (more info on this under the Stonemill review, as I can't remember the other stores at the moment).

    ReplyDelete